Team Lead Operational Excellence, Health, Safety & Environment (OE & HSE) Oil/Chemical
|Datum vacature||20 augustus 2019|
Our client is a technology center and manufacturer of fuel additives for the oil, marine and automotive industry. The Rotterdam site is a subsidiary of a major oil company and they employ 80 people in their labs and production line. For them we are searching for a Team Lead Operational Excellence, Health, Safety & Environment (OE & HSE)
- As Team Lead OE & HSE you are leading and coordinating the HES team and activities to ensure the company is operated and maintained in a safe, efficient and reliable way in compliance with local regulations and global corporate policies. You ensure compliance with Corporate- and local legal requirements on environment, health and safety/security issues (environmental legislation and permits, Arbo Legislation, RI&E, HAZID, PHA)
- You ensure that OEMS is implemented and that OEMS requirements are met.
- You lead the strategic and practical implementation of OEMS and safe completion of work in a 120-employee technology center.
- You lead a team of 3 HES professionals: a HES Specialist, an Environmental & Regulatory Permitting Specialist and a Health & Safety Specialist.
- In this role you report to the Site managing director
Key Job Responsibilities
- Define, develop and lead implementation of the organization’s OE-HES strategy both in management and field/operational capacities. Develop multi-year OE vision and provide strategic direction to BU. Lead the application of OE-HES principles, practices, processes & tools. Oversee practical implementation of OEMS and safe completion of work. Define and cascade OE priorities to BU workforce across all functions. Define and develop short- and long-term resource plans in alignment with BU OE vision and strategic objectives. Role model Company Way behaviors. Influence contractor leadership and contractor workforce executing work to achieve Incident Free Operations. Build relationships within and outside the HES function to generate a positive measurable OE culture. Maintain full regulatory compliance and anticipate emerging requirements. Interface with public officials and legal authorities to secure and permanently maintain company’s license to operate. Interface with Corporate, Segment and Opco resources to cascade and implement enterprise initiatives and projects at BU level. Act as “preventie medewerker”.
- Create a sense of commitment to develop and lead a high-performing team of HES professionals in support of overarching BU OE vision and strategic objectives. Define and oversee fulfillment of individual work assignments. Develop broad understanding of BU operations to ensure HES procedures enable safe completion of work while sustaining world-class business performance. Oversee practical execution of safe work including leading the resolution of administrative and operational issues. Serve as representative of HES function in a variety of BU committees including leadership team, extended leadership team, BU compliance committee and works council
- Lead the implementation of the OEMS through the Management System Cycle (MSC) by setting objectives and cascading them to the workforce. Make sure the full scope of the OEMS is effective by routinely engaging with leaders at all levels of the organization. Integrate BU OE risk profile and assurance program into the MSC to focus on highest priorities and performance opportunities. Prioritize OE plans to focus on and provide resources to the highest-impact gaps and opportunities. Monitor performance, review the progress of OE plans to achieve results effectively and efficiently. Bring team of site OE process advisors together to deliver OE plan. Participate in MSC Community of Practice including influencing global OE-HES team for fit-for-purpose definition and development of global OE plan.
- Serve as process advisor for assigned OE process(s), which may comprise of any or all of the BU critical OE processes as defined per risk profile and assurance programs, including: LA, MSC, OE RiskMan, OEA, MSW, CHESM, OH, EM, IIR. Lead all efforts associated with process implementation and improvement initiatives by working effectively across boundaries of disciplines/interfaces and cultures. Must be familiar with project management, change management and HES deployment activities. Interface with process sponsors to report progress and issues with process implementation. Introduce technology that deliver OE objectives effectively and efficiently. Periodically complete all steps of the Management System Cycle (MSC) including: conducting or participate in OE focus area self-assessments; developing business plans in alignment with BU risk profile and assurance program; routinely reviewing performance against plan/targets.
- Support company’s global assurance program by auditing and evaluating OE-HES practices of other BU’s for assigned scope of work. Support business objectives by leading and/or participating in OE-HES qualification activities of third-party entities involved with manufacturing, distribution, storage, use, recycling and disposal of company’s products
- You are responsible for the full scope of OEMS – 6 focus areas: process safety/reliability & integrity, workforce safety and health, stakeholders, environment, security and efficiency.
- BS or Master degree in engineering or HES-related discipline is required.
- HVK diploma
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Operational Excellence, Health, Safety & Environment in Oil & Gas or Chemical industry is required, 10 years is preferred.
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Occasional international travel is required (10%)
- Must have a high level of independence to execute work with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to lead multiple projects concurrently while also leading the delivery of the organization’s OE objectives.
- Must be able to work effectively and build relationships across boundaries of disciplines, interfaces and cultures.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong organizational skills
Wat bieden wij
We offer an challenging role within a renown international company. They have an open culture and work together as a close group, with long services and new employers as well.
Want to know more? Please contact Alice van den Berge at email@example.com or 06-40526368.
QHSE-Professionals is een werving & selectie en recruitmentsupport bureau voor vaste banen en interim functies op het gebied van Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (Kwaliteit, Veiligheid, Arbo en Milieu). Wij bemiddelen in functies als SHEQ Manager, Kwaliteitsmanager, KAM Coördinator, Quality Assurance Officer, Manager HSE, Veiligheidskundige, QA engineer, QHSE Advisor, KAM Coordinator, HVK ’er en MVK ’er en werken voor opdrachtgevers in onder meer energie, afval, recycling, food, farmacie, facilitair, scheepvaart, olie & gas, chemie, kunststof, offshore, metaal, bouw, infra, maritime, automotive, ICT en logistiek
Eigenschappen van deze vacature
- Olie, Energie en Water
- (Petro) chemie
- ISO 45001
- OHSAS 1800
- ISO 14001
- ISO 9001
- 5 – 10 jaar
- 10+ jaar