Environment, Health & Safety Manager Pharma
|Datum vacature||6 mei 2022|
Our clientmakes, acquires, and markets unique complex drugs (biological) and vaccines. Their innovative products focus on three major disease categories: cardiovascular and immunological disorders and cancer. They have built a dedicated and multi-functional, world-class team that develops a promising pipeline of products in numerous disciplines and are continuously developing/growing.They are part of a company, which is globally active in Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Consumer Health Care and employ over 128,000 professionals in 60 countries. They embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of billions of people.
For their site in Leiden, which emplys 2000 people, we are searching for an Environment, Health & Safety Manager.
We are looking for an EH&S Manager to lead the EH&S team for the daily operational EH&S tasks. However, who is also able to perform EH&S specialists’ tasks where needed. Someone who likes to interact with people, sees problems as opportunities and gets energized by improving EH&S processes to ensure that the EH&S risks within the organization maintain controlled. You will routinely interface with multiple internal business stakeholders including Supply Chain and R&D and interact with all other EH&S teams/leads within the sites in the Netherlands.
The EH&S Department leads the implementation of the orldwide EH&S, the ISO14001 and the ISO45001 Management System standards. They work in a close collaboration with the EH&S organisation in the Netherlands and related countries. Management of EH&S is a core responsibility of the entire organization where they support by having a strong relationship with site- /departmental EHS Specialists, Management System Standards Owners / Subject Matter Experts and Site Management.
Your tasks and responsibilities in this department/team are:
● Supervise the EH&S team (4 fte) regarding the operational tasks, reporting to the Senior EH&S Manager
● Oversee, control, develop and improve EH&S systems, processes, and practices
● Ensure compilation of appropriate metrics and KPIs as required by the corporate organization and regulatory agencies
● Responsible for the management, development, implementation and continual improvement of the site EH&S Management System
● Perform/lead EHS governance activities
● Lead/support Safety Culture improvement activities
● Lead /ensure the implementation of EH&S Standards
● Coach / lead teams of EH&S Specialist’s and EH&S Subject Matter Experts outside the EH&S department
● Lead and/or perform quality review on EH&S related incident/near miss reporting and investigations
● Facilitate all EH&S audits
● Ensure development and roll out training on EH&S related topics
● Be an Operational Standard Owner for EH&S Standards within the own field of expertise
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of degree is required. Science, engineering or related EH&S discipline/degree is preferred.
- At least 5 years’ managerial and supervisoryexperience in the field of EH&S.
- Passionate about EH&S
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Able to connect to the business and able to understand the business needs.
- Ability to negotiate with and influence key business leaders.
- Compliance orientated.
- Ability to work in a matrix, team-oriented environment.
- Experience with international Management System Standards like ISO14001 and ISO45001
- Additional course Industrial Hygiene (“AH”) or Safety Manager level 3 (“HVK”) and/or comparable can lead to preference
Wat bieden wij
You’ll be part of the Global Netherlands EHS team in an innovative and international environment with room for personal and professional development. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, they ensure your personal growth by focusing on your talent.
Equal Opportunity Statement
They value diversity and inclusion. They are committed to building diverse teams that reflect both the patients and the partners they support. They strive to build an inclusive work environment where their people feel at home and are given the space to realize their full potential.
Furthermore, we offer you a market-based salary, a bonus scheme of 13%, 36 vacation days, a optimal pension scheme and flexible working hours. In addition, you will receive an expense allowance for the travel expenses and a sports allowance.
Want to know more? Please contact Alice van den Berge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-40526368.
QHSE-Professionals is een werving & selectie en recruitmentsupport bureau voor vaste banen en interim functies op het gebied van Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (Kwaliteit, Veiligheid, Arbo en Milieu). Wij bemiddelen in functies als SHEQ Manager, Kwaliteitsmanager, KAM Coördinator, Quality Assurance Officer, Manager HSE, Veiligheidskundige, QA engineer, QHSE Advisor, KAM Coordinator, HVK ’er en MVK ’er en werken voor opdrachtgevers in onder meer energie, afval, recycling, food, farmacie, facilitair, scheepvaart, olie & gas, chemie, kunststof, offshore, metaal, bouw, infra, maritime, automotive, ICT en logistiek
Eigenschappen van deze vacature
- 10+ jaar