Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Lead Medical Devices
|Datum vacature||21 mei 2022|
Our client is globally active in Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Consumer Health Care. They employ over 135.000 professionals in 60 countries. They embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of billions of people. The site in Groningen is a medical device company which develops and manufactures intra-ocular lenses and glaucoma implants, They employ 600 people. For this site we are seaching for an EH&S Manager.
The EH&S Department leads the implementation of the Worldwide EH&S and the ISO14001 Management System standards. They work in close collaboration with the EH&S organization in the Netherlands and related countries. Management of EH&S is a core responsibility of the entire organization where the EH&S department supports by having a positive relationship with Management System Standards Owners / Subject Matter Experts and Site Management.
The EH&S manager will seek to optimize EH&S resource deployment against strategic objectives together with Leadership and is also part of the Netherlands EH&S team. You will routinely collaborate with multiple internal business stakeholders including the 3 other site EH&S leads within the Netherlands. This role will also work with external stakeholders like governmental bodies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop EH&S objectives for the site, together with the leadership, in line with the corporate objectives;
- Be accountable for successful implementation of EH&S services to the organization and to customers in support of business objectives;
- Conducts periodic EH&S performance and service satisfaction reviews with General Manager, and Site leaders;
- Adds new value by driving greater efficiency and standardization in the deployment of EHS&S resources, processes, procedures and programs;
- Accountable for delivery of agreed-to site EH&S performance plans;
- Builds and leads a lean, highly proficient EH&S support team that delivers superior EH&S services;
- Lead in- and external audits and inspections (for example ISO 14001-2015, EHS&S Comprehensive Audits, governmental inspections);
- Continuously supervises all EH&S aspects of the Vision site, providing EH&S direction. The manager EH&S is part of the Site Management Board team;
- Leads and carries out administrative activities including Talent Management, Budget Management, Cost allocation, and regulatory tracking processes;
- Provides EH&S technical assistance and support as needed across the locations within the Netherlands.
- Visit the Eindhoven site several times a year
- In this role you have 1 direct report, you report to the Group EH&S Manager NL
- A University/Bachelor's degree. Science, engineering or related EHS field/degree is preferred, completed with Hogere Veiligheidskunde (HVK) or equivalent;
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in EH&S management, with at least 4+ years managing EH&S programs at a Manufacturing facility;
- Previously proven supervisory/leadership experience;
- Passionated about EHS&S and able to communicate that at all levels within the organisation and the ability to negotiate with and influence key business leaders;
- Strong leadership skills and able to connect to the business and able to understand the business needs;
- Strong communicator who is plausible and self-assured; highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural skills;
- Strong technical skills with the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner, compliance orientated;
- Ability to work in a matrix, team-oriented environment;
- High Energy, capability to Energize others, have an Edge and have high focus on Execution;
- Strong written and oral Dutch and English communication skills;
- Travel Requirements: 10 % travel, depending on business needs.
Wat bieden wij
As an employee they consider you as their most valuable asset, and they take your career seriously. You’ll be part of a global team in an innovative and international environment with room for your personal and professional development. Through on the job training, various projects, and programs, we ensure your personal growth by focusing on your talent. Our benefits assure our care for you and your family now and in the future.
Equal Opportunity Statement
They value diversity and inclusion. They are committed to building diverse teams that reflect both the patients and the partners they support. They strive to build an inclusive work environment where their people feel at home and are given the space to realize their full potential.
Furthermore, we offer you a market-based salary, a bonus scheme of 13%, 36 vacation days, a optimal pension scheme and flexible working hours. In addition, you will receive an expense allowance for the travel expenses and a sports allowance.
Want to know more? Please contact Alice van den Berge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-40526368.
QHSE-Professionals is een werving & selectie en recruitmentsupport bureau voor vaste banen en interim functies op het gebied van Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (Kwaliteit, Veiligheid, Arbo en Milieu). Wij bemiddelen in functies als SHEQ Manager, Kwaliteitsmanager, KAM Coördinator, Quality Assurance Officer, Manager HSE, Veiligheidskundige, QA engineer, QHSE Advisor, KAM Coordinator, HVK ’er en MVK ’er en werken voor opdrachtgevers in onder meer energie, afval, recycling, food, farmacie, facilitair, scheepvaart, olie & gas, chemie, kunststof, offshore, metaal, bouw, infra, maritime, automotive, ICT en logistiek
Eigenschappen van deze vacature
- 3 - 5 jaar
- 5 - 10 jaar
- 10+ jaar