Health & Safety Advisor Chemicals
|Datum vacature||25 april 2022|
Our client is a chemical and international company with 7000 employees on 6 different continents and with their Headquarters in the United States. Their location in the Botlek is the only factory in the Netherlands, this is a Seveso (BRZO) site with 260 employees. For them we are searching for a Health & Safety Advisor.
As Health & Safety Advisor you are responsible for development and implementation of the Health & Safety policy for the Botlek site. You do this by a thorough understanding of risks, relevant legal requirements and standards, operational processes and SHE practices and methods. Your advice on how to work safe is highly valued by your colleagues throughout the organization and the site specifically. Your interpersonal skills guarantee that you have a great impact on others and you are able to influence decisionmakers at all levels to make safer decisions and avoid unacceptable risks. Your drive to ensure a safe workplace enables you to ensure that required improvements are made within the organization.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Accountable for working with site leadership team, supervisors, workforce and contractors to drive risk reduction and the safe execution of operational work.
- Facilitate learning from normal work and unplanned events and provide guidance on risk reduction and controls that support the safe execution of operational work. This includes exploring and understanding every day work and working collaboratively with operations to execute SHE improvement activities based on the global SHE strategy.
- Participate in risk assessments with leaders and the workforce to identify and drive physical risk reduction in the workplace.
- Support operational/technical improvement teams to execute risk reduction actions and enhance critical control effectiveness.
- Participate in pre-start-up safety reviews, management of change and process and job hazard analysis to reduce risk.
- Audit, inspect and analyze safety critical processes and procedures; providing feedback to the workforce that results in improvement action.
- Partner with the L&D group in the development and improvement of competency based safety training, providing execution support.
- Engage leaders and the workforce to execute safety improvement plans aligned to site goals and the global SHE strategy.
- Keep track of changes in legal requirements and standards and advise the site leadership team on how to adjust processes to comply in a pragmatic and cost effective way.
- Steer incident reporting and investigation process by ensuring reporting is in time and correct, investigations are thorough and followed up by effective risk reduction measures.
- As owner of safety awareness and observation programs, ensure effectiveness by training and coaching of observers.
- With Maintenance and Supply Chain departments ensure contractor management by setting SHE standards, reviewing SHE performance and in contractor management systems.
- Guide and follow up on inspections of regulators like Labor Inspectorate, Safety Region, IL&T in cooperation with other SHE advisors within the SHEQ team.
- Ensure timely and accurate SHE performance indicator reporting.
- The H&S advisor is appointed as site Port Facility Security Officer responsible for security plan and registration of the mandatory ISPS security exercises and drills.
- The H&S advisor is together with the Safety Officer responsible for the RI&E and execution of the action plan and relays with the HSE committee of the working council.
As H&S Advisor you are part of the SHEQ department (10 persons) and you will report to the SHEQ Manager. The SHEQ department exists of a Safety Officer, an Emergency Response Coordinator, 2 Process Safety Engineers, an Environment Engineers, a Risk Advisor and 2 support functions. You cooperate closely with the Botlek Safety Officer.
- HBO / Bachelor diploma like HVK or IVK
- Over 5 years of working experience in a role of Health & Safety Advisor in sectors as (Petro)chemical industry, energy or manufacturing, preferably at Seveso / BRZO sites.
- You demonstrate thorough knowledge of relevant Dutch and EU legal requirements like Dutch Arbowet, EU Machine Safety Directive, ADR, ATEX, PGS, CROW 4500 and subjects like RI&E, permit to work systems, JSA, Life Saving Rules, ergonomics, asbestos, legionella control, exposure risk assessments of hazardous substances.
- Knowledge of process safety is an advantage.
- You demonstrate thorough knowledge on in- and external (ISO) audits, incident investigation using 5why, RCA, Tripod, risk assessment methods like HAZOP and ISO/OHSAS certified management systems.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in Dutch and in English. Ability to convey a clear, concise and inspiring message to different stakeholders, able to adjust communication style to different stakeholders.
- You stimulate and inspire to teamwork and cooperation and you prioritize common goals before individual goals. Enable others to speak up and present ideas and worries. Propose initiatives to meet common goals. Support others and build and maintain effective and respectful relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrate proactive behavior by continuously taking initiative to implement required improvements and mitigation of risks and motivates others to do likewise.
- You are able to influence others and have a large impact, by building effective relationships built on trust and respect. Demonstrate active listening skills. Able to have difficult conversations, providing feedback in a constructive, coaching way, whilst being persistent in conveying the message.
- Strong analytical skills: you are is able to quickly analyze and review vast amount of data and extract the essentials from it as base for fact based decisions and prioritizing work.
Wat bieden wij
We offer an challenging job at an international company with an informal and open atmosphere. They are characterized by committed employees with a great sense of responsibility. Furthermore, we offer you a market-based salary, a thirteenth month, a personal budget, a bonus scheme, a minimum of 25 vacation days and 15 ADV days, a tax-optimal pension scheme and flexible working hours. In addition, you will receive an expense allowance for the travel expenses incurred when you work in the office. Due to the location of our location, private transport is a must.
Wil je meer informatie? Neem dan contact op met Alice van den Berge via 06-40526368 of firstname.lastname@example.org
QHSE-Professionals is het werving & selectie bureau voor vaste banen en interim posities op het gebied van Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (Kwaliteit, Veiligheid, Arbo en Milieu). Wij bemiddelen in functies als SHEQ Manager, Kwaliteitsmanager, KAM Coördinator, Quality Assurance Officer, Manager HSE, Veiligheidskundige, QA engineer, QHSE Advisor, KAM Coordinator, HVK ’er en MVK ’er en werken voor opdrachtgevers in onder meer de (petro)chemie, biochemie, renewables, maritiem, olie & gas, logistiek, kunststof, metaal, food, farmacie, facilitair, ICT en hightech industrie.
Eigenschappen van deze vacature
- (Petro) chemie
- ISO 14001
- ISO 9001
- 3 - 5 jaar
- 5 - 10 jaar