HSSEQ Engineer Renewables (HVK)
|Datum vacature||10 november 2022|
Our client is the world’s largest producer of renewable fuel refined from waste and residues, and they are bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. They have 5000 employees around the world. In the Netherlands the refineries are located at the Maasvlakte. They recently acquired a pre-treatment site as an existing operation. It offers the possibility to further expand the range of raw materials. For this site we are searching for a HSSEQ Engineer.
Our client recently acquired a pre-treatment site as an existing operation. The purpose of this role is to guide the local team to transfer all HSSEQ processes and systems to align and meet corporate standards. To do this the HSSEQ engineer develops and implements corporate HSSEQ standards at the site together with the local staff.
This position opens up a high degree of creative freedom and is therefore aimed at people who see this as a challenge in order to break new ground together with the local site team.
- Govern, drive and implement Corporate Principle and Standard that interface Environment Management System with Health & Safety, Emergency Management, Operational Safety, Chemical Safety to the right level of expectation, requirements and standard set by Corporate HSSEQ and local regulators
- Help to set-up and consolidate the corporate HSSEQ culture, performance and associated development activities at the new site
- Coordinate the implementation of the HSSEQ processes within the site in general and lead parts of the implementation which have been agreed together with the respective stakeholders
- Support compliance with HSSEQ processes on site, incl. planning and conducting audits and support for the further development of sufficient and effective auditing processes
- Provide expertise to analyse and to report the HSSEQ performance and to prioritise development areas together with the involved stakeholders
- Creation and continuous development of the monthly HSSEQ reporting by using established tools, e.g. such as NCR and PowerBI
- Support the further integration and continuous improvement of HSSEQ on site in daily work processes, by using leadership principles. The local stakeholders should be guided and if needed coached in the HSSEQ area
- Collaboration with Rotterdam HSSEQ and the leadership team at the site to ensure the right level of sustainable HSSEQ performance in accordance with agreed performance plans
- Support and lead new HSSEQ initiatives (e.g. “I act safe” or “No harm together”), together with the involved local team
- Active contribution in HSSEQ development by actively networking also with HSSEQ experts at Rotterdam and from corp. HSSEQ, e.g. on common practices and processes, etc
- Perform structured risk and root cause analyses, provide advice and draft risk management action plans
- Ensure that relevant HSSEQ procedures are developed, implemented and tailor made for the site
- Be active in performing safety observations involving all relevant stakeholders on site
- Analyse HSSEQ related training needs on site and assist in rolling out those trainings
You will report to the Head of HSSEQ Netherlands and will closely work with the local site leadership team Rotterdam Refinery and line management at the site, corporate HSSEQ organization in the Netherlands, Production leadership team and corporate HSSEQ functions.
Your workplace will be at Rotterdam-Maasvlakte and travel activities will be incidentally to Finland.
- BSc+ relevant to this role and HVK diploma with at least 5 to 7 years suitable HSSEQ experience and technical expertise
- Strong competence with HSSEQ knowledge and good understanding of relevant laws, regulations
- This role expects, but also enables, a high degree of personal freedom to actively shape and support the HSSEQ performance at the site, always keeping the “fit for purpose” approach in mind.
- Proven capability of reaching results and driving change with sustainable improvements, leadership and influencing skills
- Hands-on experience in occupational health and safety, process safety and solid experience in management systems (ISO 9001, ISO14001, ISO45001), processes and practices is a must
- Experience in environmental area is a benefit
- Good communication skills and good ability to work in both Dutch and English (written and oral)
Wat bieden wij
Every company needs a purpose, and our client has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. They are 4,800 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that they do, down to the smallest detail, showstheir clear commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for their success. At the same time, they encourage every individual to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people, communities and societies around us. Their strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together. As innovation is in their DNA, they are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable.
We offer a challenging career and a pleasant working atmosphere with positive opportunities for the future. Furthermore we offer:
- A competitive salary
- 25 vacation days and 16 Personal Budget days which also can be exchanged for salary at the end of the year.
- Holiday pay 8%
- Exellent Pensionscheme
- Bonus scheme of 4%
- € 75 ,- compensation for health insurance
- € 0,19 /km
- Opportunity for working remote
Want to know more? Please contact Alice van den Berge at email@example.com or 06-40526368
QHSE-Professionals is een werving & selectie en recruitmentsupport bureau voor vaste banen en interim functies op het gebied van Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (Kwaliteit, Veiligheid, Arbo en Milieu). Wij bemiddelen in functies als SHEQ Manager, Kwaliteitsmanager, KAM Coördinator, Quality Assurance Officer, Manager HSE, Veiligheidskundige, QA engineer, QHSE Advisor, KAM Coordinator, HVK ’er en MVK ’er en werken voor opdrachtgevers in onder meer energie, afval, recycling, food, farmacie, facilitair, scheepvaart, olie & gas, chemie, kunststof, offshore, metaal, bouw, infra, maritime, automotive, ICT en logistiek.
Eigenschappen van deze vacature
- (Petro) chemie
- 3 - 5 jaar
- 5 - 10 jaar
- 10+ jaar