Manager Environment, Health, Safety (EHS) Medical Devices
|Datum vacature||5 mei 2022|
Our client is active in Medical Devices. They have build a leading position with their innovative products. At their production site in Leiden they employ 500 professionals and provide innovative products and solutions used by healthcare professionals, patients, and consumers in the areas of oncology and aesthetics. They are part of a company, which is globally active in Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Consumer Health Care. They embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of billions of people. For them we are searching for a Manager EHS.
As Manager EHS&S you will seek to optimize EHS resource deployment against strategic objectives together with the Leadership team, you are also part of the Global Netherlands EHS team. You will routinely interface with multiple internal business stakeholders including the 3 other Site EHS&S leads within the Netherlands. This role will also interface with external stakeholders like governmental bodies.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Develop EHS objectives for the site in line with the corporate objectives;
- Be accountable for successful implementation of EHS services to the organization and to customers in support of business objectives;
- Conducts periodic EHS performance and service satisfaction reviews with General Manager and Site leaders;
- Creates value by driving greater efficiency and standardization in the deployment of EHS resources, processes, procedures and programs;
- Accountable for delivery of agreed-to site EHS performance plans;
- Builds and manages a lean, highly competent EHS support team that delivers superior EHS services;
- Lead in- and external audits and inspections (for example ISO 14001, Global EHS Comprehensive Audits, governmental inspections);
- Continuously monitors all EHS aspects of the site, providing EHS&S direction. The person is part of the Site Management Board team;
- Provides EHS&S technical assistance and support as needed across the company locations within the Netherlands.
In this role you are part of the Site MT and report to the Manager EHSS Netherlands, you have 1 EHS engineer in your team.
- A University/Bachelor's degree. Science, engineering or related EHS discipline/degree is preferred;
- Dutch degree of ‘Hogere Veiligheidskunde’ (HVK) or equivalent is preferred;
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in EHS management, with at least 4+ years managing EHS programs at a Manufacturing facility, in pharma or chemical industry
- Passionate about Environment, Health and Safety and able to communicate that at all levels within the organization;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Able to connect to the business and able to understand the business needs;
- Strong communicator who is credible and self-assured;
- Previously demonstrated supervisory/leadership experience;
- Ability to negotiate with and influence key business leaders;
- Strong technical skills with the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner;
- Strong compliance orientated;
- Ability to work in a matrix, team-oriented environment;
- Highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural skills;
- Strong written and oral English communication skills;
- High Energy, capability to Energize others, have an Edge and have high focus on Execution;
- Passion about the role, a positive “can do” attitude;
- Language Requirements: English, Dutch;
- Travel Requirements: 10 % travel, depending on business needs.
Wat bieden wij
You’ll be part of the Global Netherlands EHS team in an innovative and international environment with room for personal and professional development. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, they ensure your personal growth by focusing on your talent.
Equal Opportunity Statement
They value diversity and inclusion. They are committed to building diverse teams that reflect both the patients and the partners they support. They strive to build an inclusive work environment where their people feel at home and are given the space to realize their full potential.
Furthermore, we offer you a market-based salary, a bonus scheme of 13%, 36 vacation days, a optimal pension scheme and flexible working hours. In addition, you will receive an expense allowance for the travel expenses and a sports allowance.
Want to know more? Please contact Alice van den Berge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-40526368.
QHSE-Professionals is een werving & selectie en recruitmentsupport bureau voor vaste banen en interim functies op het gebied van Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (Kwaliteit, Veiligheid, Arbo en Milieu). Wij bemiddelen in functies als SHEQ Manager, Kwaliteitsmanager, KAM Coördinator, Quality Assurance Officer, Manager HSE, Veiligheidskundige, QA engineer, QHSE Advisor, KAM Coordinator, HVK ’er en MVK ’er en werken voor opdrachtgevers in onder meer energie, afval, recycling, food, farmacie, facilitair, scheepvaart, olie & gas, chemie, kunststof, offshore, metaal, bouw, infra, maritime, automotive, ICT en logistiek
Eigenschappen van deze vacature
- OHSAS 1800
- ISO 14001
- 5 - 10 jaar
- 10+ jaar