QHSE Manager Manufacturing
|Datum vacature||9 september 2020|
Our client is a specialty chemicals company who employs 1600 people at more than 30 locations worldwide. In the region Europe they have 3 locations, they produce additives for food, pharma and cosmetic industry. For the location Amsterdam we are searching for a QHSE manager.
As QHSE Manager you are primarily responsible for establishing, maintaining, propagating and training the quality, safety, health and environmental policies according to the various quality systems, laws & regulations. You also are responsible for food safety and GMP compliance. You are a hands on team manager, guiding your team to deliver on all aspects of QHSE & Compliance Management and ensure close coordination with SCM, Operations, Maintenance and R&D teams to execute on specific initiatives.
Your main tasks and responsibilties
- You ensure that all aspects of Group operations are in-line with statutory Environmental guidelines and that adequate preventive actions are taken; In the case of any deviations, you ensure corrective steps to avoid pollution, work accidents and exceptional events
- You are responsible to check corporate procedures and instructions on local laws and regulations and to implement into a pragmatic policy for the NL plant.
- You are responsible for Root Cause Analysis investigation and corrective and preventative actions for environmental deviations, internal quality failures and HSE incidents and customer complaints.
- You ensure that established QHSE Management Systems are implemented and maintained and continuously improved in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and FSSC 22000 standards and applicable Laws and Regulations
- You ensure all third party certifications are kept current
- You initiate, prepare and handle permit applications, environmental reports and management assessments
- You liaise with suppliers to ensure consistent supply of quality raw materials which meet regulatory requirements
- You are building and maintaining constructive relationships with external parties, including municipalities, environmental services, customers, suppliers, laboratories and certification bodies.
- You supervise audits and, if necessary, take care of the handling of corrective and preventative measurements.
- You ensure alignment of site QHSE programs with overall business goals and oversee their execution
- You promote Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental awareness internally by training and direct support to employees, departments, project teams, etc.
- You support quality control and material qualification functions
- You establish and maintain QSHE metrics for the site
- You partner with other sites to implement best practices
- You plan and execute the annual budget for the QSHE department
- You manage the QHSE department with 4 employees
- You participate as a member of the Site Management Team and report to the Regional Quality Manager Europe
- Other duties as directed by the Superior
- HBO/University Degree in Environmental Engineering, QHSE or with Technical or Chemical background. HVK or MVK is preferred
- Demonstrable managerial experience in an QHSE position in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Dutch
- Strong leadership skills
- Analytical thinking
- Strong and creative problem solver
- Proactive and enthusiastic work ethic
- Strong knowledge and experience with QHSE (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, FSSC 22000, GMP and VCA**) standards and HSE legislation as well as good business practices, equipment and requirements
- Previous experience in working in an SAP environment is a definite advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
Wat bieden wij
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international operating company.
Want to know more? Please contact Alice van den Berge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-40526368.
QHSE-Professionals is een werving & selectie en recruitmentsupport bureau voor vaste banen en interim functies op het gebied van Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (Kwaliteit, Veiligheid, Arbo en Milieu). Wij bemiddelen in functies als SHEQ Manager, Kwaliteitsmanager, KAM Coördinator, Quality Assurance Officer, Manager HSE, Veiligheidskundige, QA engineer, QHSE Advisor, KAM Coordinator, HVK ’er en MVK ’er en werken voor opdrachtgevers in onder meer energie, afval, recycling, food, farmacie, facilitair, scheepvaart, olie & gas, chemie, kunststof, offshore, metaal, bouw, infra, maritime, automotive, ICT en logistiek
Eigenschappen van deze vacature
- Olie, Energie en Water
- (Petro) chemie
- 5 - 10 jaar
- 10+ jaar