Safety & Health Specialist Manufacturing
|Datum vacature||19 mei 2023|
Our client is an American family owned company, they are a leading manufacturer of products for household cleaning, fresh keeping, air freshening and pest control. For 130 years their products are sold in virtually every country. In NL they are based in Mijdrecht with one of the biggest manufacturing plants in the region. They supply the European Region and employ 300 people. For them we are searching for a SHE Specialist.
Your primary responsibility as SHE Specialist is to serve as the site’s subject matter expert and manage development, implementation, and maintenance of processes to support compliance with Seveso's / BRZO’s Process Safety Management (PSM) and Dutch occupational health and safety legislation (Arbo).
This role will also provide technical leadership for the site’s Emergency Response, Management of Change and Contractor Safety Management Programs. While this role involves direct and participative action in Seveso, BRZO, PSM, ARBO, ATEX, emergency response, management of change and contractor safety activities, success is dependent on developing and supporting “champions” within the site’s operations, maintenance, and engineering teams versus acting as the sole individual responsible for these programs.
As a member of the SHE team of 3 people you report to the SHE Manager.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Serves as the SHE representative for management of change reviews to evaluate and control potential health and safety hazards and environmental impacts associated with business activity changes involving the site’s Seveso/BRZO covered chemical processes.
- Collaborates with the site’s engineering and maintenance teams to ensure that required inspections, testing, preventive maintenance activities associated with the site’s high-hazard chemical processes are defined and appropriately documented.
- Own and manage site’s MOC process and associated tool with focus on SHE assessments.
- Coordinates completion of MOC, Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) and periodic PHA revalidations for the site’s covered processes.
- Support Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP) action Owners with developing and delivering action closure plans.
- Support Incident Investigation for process safety related events, lead investigation teams as appropriate and as assigned.
- Partners with site leadership to confirm that improvement opportunities are effectively deployed across the site in a timely manner.
- Manages deployment and validation of corrective and preventive actions associated with Seveso/BRZO safety and Health compliance audits.
- Manages development and maintenance of employee training processes associated with Seveso/BRZO covered processes to ensure that required training is defined, addresses the required content. Deliver and track applicable trainings.
- Develop, own, and manage self-verification / audit (SV) program for process safety engineering/maintenance activities.
- Point of contact for safe work permit process. Utilize engineering & safety skills, knowledge, and experience to recommend and select options to mitigate risk and assure safe work process for high-risk activities.
- Supervises the site’s emergency response brigade leader and emergency response team.
- Leads processes that enable the recognition and prevention of the conditions and behaviors that can result in fire or uncontrolled release of high-hazard chemicals.
- Collaborates with the site human resources and medical teams on the maintenance of medical emergency response protocols.
- Partners with the site SHE teams to interpret requirements and prepare standards to maintain compliance with applicable fire protection and emergency response regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical support to the site SHE team to develop, maintain and deliver employee training on topics such as evacuation, fire extinguisher use, confined space entry and chemical hazard communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Engineering and MVK or HVK diploma
- Experience as S&H specialist in a manufacturing organization and knowledge of Dutch occupational health and safety legislation (Arbo).
- Experience with Seveso/BRZO, PSM and ATEX and in a high-hazard chemical processes is preferred but not a requirement
- Experienced in Process safety – HAZOP – SEVESO –process safety materials is preferred but not a requirement
- Demonstrated project management experience to enable prioritization and management of multiple projects to completion
- Ability to effectively interact with others, establishing open, candid and trusting relationships to create win/win outcomes.
- Effective communication skills that permit the clear and concise transfer of information to stakeholders.
- Fluent in English and Dutch language.
Wat bieden wij
- An attractive annual salary depending on experience and knowledge
- 26 vacations days, a 13th month and holiday allowance,
- Participation in bonus plan, in pension plan and in cafeteria system (4% of the total gross year salary)
- Opportunity to benefit from health insurance package with VGZ,
- Excellent opportunity for career development and progression
- A highly collaborative work environment and an autonomous and flexible working culture where you will be able to add value and be recognized and rewarded.
Want to know more? Please contact Alice van den Berge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-40526368
QHSE Professionals is een werving & selectie bureau voor vaste banen en interim functies op het gebied van Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (KAM). Wij bemiddelen in functies als SHEQ Manager, Kwaliteitsmanager, KAM Coördinator, QA/QC engineer, SHE Officer, Quality Engineer, Manager Quality Assurance, HVK’er en MVK’er en werken voor opdrachtgevers in onder meer de olie & gas, maritiem, afval & energie, food, logistiek, facilitair, farmacie, scheepvaart, (petro) chemie, kunststof, metaal, bouw, infra, automotive, utiliteit en ICT.
Eigenschappen van deze vacature
- (Petro) chemie
- ISO 45001
- OHSAS 1800
- Gevaarlijke stoffen
- Proces Safety
- Route Cause Analysis
- 0 - 3 jaar
- 3 - 5 jaar
- 5 - 10 jaar
- 10+ jaar